04 Jun Ten Necessary Benefits: Are You in the Know?
There are ten essential benefits required by the PPACA that you need to be aware of. The Department of Health and Human Services is slowly releasing more finalized information after receiving input from insurance professionals.
If your company is not aware of the details, we have the information here for you. The ten essential benefits include:
1. Ambulatory patient services;
2. Emergency care;
4. Maternity and newborn care;
5. Mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment;
6. Prescription drugs;
7. Rehabilitative and rehabilitative services and devices;
8. Laboratory services;
9. Preventive and wellness services, and chronic disease management;
10. Pediatric services, including dental and vision care.
If you are still unsure on the fine details between the lines, be sure to contact one of our knowledgeable healthcare reform specialists today. We have all of the information your company needs to stay in compliance and keep ahead of the game.