25 May Demonstrate your commitment to safety at the construction site
Use this statement to help prevent injuries at the construction site and demonstrate your commitment to employee safety. Customize and post the statement below:
Commitment to Safety Statement – Construction
At [Insert Company Name Here], the safety and health of our employees is our top priority and the most important consideration in the operation of this business. The objective of our safety and health program is to reduce the number of injuries and illnesses to an absolute minimum while complying with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Our safety and health program will include:
- Job site safety inspections to identify hazards
- Job site behavior observations to identify unsafe behaviors
- Safety and health training on applicable topics
- Safety procedures to avoid injuries
- Proper safety equipment, including personal protective equipment and guards
- Investigations into every incident to find the root cause and develop corrective actions
We will make every reasonable effort to provide a safe and healthy workplace, free from any recognized or known hazards. Additionally, our commitment to safety subscribes to these principles:
- All accidents are preventable by implementing effective safety and health policies and programs.
- Safety and health controls play a major role in everyday work tasks.
- Accident prevention minimizes human suffering, promotes better working conditions, elevates customer satisfaction and increases productivity.
- Management is responsible for providing the safest possible workplace for employees. In turn, management is committed to allocating and providing the resources needed to promote and effectively implement this safety and health program.
- Employees are responsible for following safe work practices, upholding company rules and preventing accidents and injuries. Management will establish lines of communication to solicit and receive comments, information, suggestions and assistance from employees where safety and health is concerned.
- Management and supervisors will set a strong example with good attitudes and a solid commitment to safety and health. Management must monitor the company’s safety and health performance, working environment and conditions to achieve program objectives.
- Our safety and health program applies to all employees and persons affected or associated in any way by the scope of this business. Everyone’s goal must be to constantly improve safety awareness and prevent accidents and injuries.
While leadership and senior management are ultimately responsible for workplace safety, all employees can help ensure our safety and health program is effective by following all policies and procedures. We encourage workers to report safety and health concerns and make suggestions for a safer workplace. We will not tolerate any retaliation, ridicule or retribution for reporting a safety hazard or stopping work believed to be unsafe.
[Insert Signature of Owner, CEO or Senior Leader Here]